Thursday, September 22, 2005

Blogger me!

Hello fans.

I'm coming to the end of my second week of full time work, and hopefully I should get paid tomorrow too. If it doesn't go straight into my account, I will have to pick up a cheque. This will involve queuing through my lunch hour to pay it into my bank account, and then waiting five working days before I can spend any of it. Oh goodie!

Today has been fairly boring at work, and I'm not sure how I've managed to stick it for four years already. It doesn't help that I'm on light duties which involve the same thing every week. I am starting to feel like a robot.

At lunch, my mate Andy and I went for a stroll along the promenade. It was absolutely scorching almost like the middle of summer. The only difference was a slightly cloudy sky. It was so hot that we even had an ice cream (each)!

That's the thing with us Brits. Any variation either side of 'overcast' on the weather front, and we react in extremes.

An English guy I met who lived in Romania said when he heard on a UK radio station that the local schools were closed because of a bit of snow, he phoned in complaining that Romanian children sometimes have to dig themselves to school!

I may take tomorrow off work. I'm sure I'm displaying symptoms of heat stroke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home