Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Deadlines.

Hello fans. Me again.

Blogging can be a challenge in many ways, and often I find it difficult writing something I'm happy with. I can spend quite a while mulling over sentences and words, editing and re-editing something only a few people will ever bother to read. Still, having self imposed deadlines is a good thing I think. It makes me respect journalists who have to write something weekly, or even daily. News is one thing, but the columnists who chat about nothing in particular week after week, have a real skill. I suppose they have financial motivation too!

Deadlines are something I've never been good at keeping. For example I missed my deadline of having to be at work by 8.30am today. I failed miserably, and I rolled in at 8.55am. I hate doing it, as it is embarrassing, and the reputation I have built as a hard working soul is tarnished. You may have to check the last statement with people I work with!

While I am still able to use my wrist, I think I may give illustrationfriday.com a go. One picture a week seems do-able, and the quality of some of the other contributors is on another level. If I don't push myself, I'll never know if I am good enough!

And finally... I'm off to bed now, to avoid tomorrow morning stress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home