Thursday, September 08, 2005

Living life to the Max!

My life is so exciting at the moment, that I should probably have a lie down, otherwise I may pass out.

This of course is a load of old rubbish, because at the moment even people reading about my life (you) are bored to tears. The thing is, my life is my choice. Luckily I live in a free country, and even more luckily I believe God has given me free will. This all means that I can spend my time in pretty much any way I want.

The trouble is, a lot of people I know spend their lives comparing themselves to others. This is never a good idea. You either feel bad about yourself or big headed. Shame on you! This also means they think they should be living lives other people will think are cool.

How many times have you asked someone how their weekend was, and they replied "Oh I just had a quiet one this week."? This implies that every other one is so amazing they too need a lie down, otherwise they may be the ones passing out.

So...

Colleague: "So Rob, how was your weekend?"

Rob: "Ah man, it's been absolutely slammin'. Just the way I like it!"

Colleague: "Wow! That sounds amazing. Tell me all the 'far out' details."

Rob: "Well... I sat in my room with the blinds closed, keeping out any natural light, and I didn't even eat one portion of fresh fruit of vegetable the whole time."

"While I was awake, I played Empire Earth. It's a strategy based game which consumes days of my life without me realizing it. I spent well over 30 hours looking at a small screen, and I've got the red eyes to prove it!"

"I slept in until at least 12 on both days, and I didn't leave the house once! Because I didn't meet anyone other than my parents, I couldn't be bothered to wash. You should have been there. It rocked."

Colleague exit stage left, quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home